Wednesday, May 27, 2009

and one time at band camp.....





Wow, what a weekend! Chris left early on friday so by the time I got to camp with the three dogs, he had everything lugged down to the site. What a great hubby! I forgot to bring a leash with me for Buddy (they got packed in the truck, so they were already at the site), but Bryce is always on one if he is not where he can be contained. So i ended up clipping bryce like normal and putting the loop of the other end on buddy's collar. They drug me down the trail following tana.

Cindy and Rodney showed up shortly after. Buddy was a jerk and wanted to eat Ali and Baxter. He got a muzzle (the soft mesh ones) until he could prove there wouldnt be a fight. Bryce met Ali first and really liked her, then he met Baxter. They got along pretty well. I put my three to bed though so I wouldnt have to worry about them.

Saturday am, we got up and hung around for a bit. We still had four other people that were going to show up. Hindsight, I think it was better for Bryce this way. Being introduced to a few new people at a time. Ali and Baxter were running around and staying around. I decided to try Bryce off leash, and left the leash attached for a bit. It didnt take me long to realize he was going to stick right to the other dogs, so off leash he went. I did leave on his harness so that if I needed to grab him quick, Id have something to hang on to.

Bryce proved me wrong though. The rest of the weekend, he stayed around and came when he was called. He and Buddy got a little mischevious and took off a couple times. I couldnt see them but I could always hear them. I would just call and they both would come barrelling back to me. Cindy brought an extra crate so that was used a couple times so we didnt have to worry or if any one of the 5 got too excited.

We took him down to the trail to beach on the lake and he was able to do some swimming. The eyes were definitely different than they were at Penny's. Normal eyes, I would call them! lol...just like he had done that before and he seemed so proud of himself that he had gotten the toy from the water and brought it back. He spent a lot of time at camp running down to path from our site to the water, drinking it and playing in it (about belly deep) and then running back sopping wet! The dogs had toys and balls to play with but they seemed to just want to carry around sticks! hehe...too cute.

As the weekend went on, Bryce got more and more comfortable with the people. He still did his fear growling thing a few times but overall the intensity of the growl got less and less and continues to be less and less now although it has not completely stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment