Sunday, May 3, 2009

what a long day...

I took Bryce and Buddy up to Orono today. My mom was showing our 7 year old gelding in the Annual Spring Fling horse show at Whitter Farm. Komett has grown to be such a wonderful and beautiful boy! He amazes me every time I see him.

The ride up was very very loud! The boys had a wrestling match in the backseat almost the entire way up!! Carissa met me up there so she could spend time with Bryce. He let her put his harness on him in the car and let her take him out of the car. Still very scared but definitely more willing. We hung around the rail for a little bit and then sat on the bleachers to watch the classes. We noticed that the kids seem to bother him more than the adults. I think there was one outburst of barking that was quickly quieted. We did "friend" many times with all the people walking around. I didnt try to push him too much since it was all new to him and to Buddy.

Overall he did great. Buddy also did well. Only a couple outbursts in the car from Buddy and he was a very happy boy all day. I knew it wouldnt be smart to leave Buddy home in this situation but when we visit Carissa this week, I think I will. Bryce is now trusting Carissa a lot more. When he cant see me he looks to her for that comfort and leadership. Im quite sure its all going to be okay. He is just going to take some time and patience to build the confidence that I know is in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment