Sunday, May 31, 2009

road trip!!

Saturday was a very long day for both Bryce and I. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I have been on the road to all ends of the state. Im beat. I took Bryce with me on Saturday to Skowhegan to a horse show. He did pretty well. We used his new collar and training techniques and he seemed to do pretty well. He growled for a few minutes but quickly got over it. He wasnt too sure of the horses though. A few walked by him and they were so big he went back to trying to hide behind me. We walked down to the arena to watch a class my friends' were showing in. Another exhibitor was there with her horse who happened to be super friendly and very very nosey! The mare looked down and saw Bryce at the same time Bryce was reaching out to sniff the mare. They touched noses for a minute, smelling each other. It was sooo cute!

After we left the show, we took a ride up to Guilford to meet up with my best friend. We are planning on going camping at the end of June and wanted to check out the site we would be staying at, to make sure it is safe for the kids and dogs. She brought her Bassett Hound, Beauford. Beauford is a friendly guy who has tons of energy for a little hound. Bryce and Beauford met and loved each other. So off we went...two adults, two kids, and two dogs in the car for a ride to the spot, just north of Monson. The sites are great and Bryce got to run around a bit with Beauford. Bryce rode great with the kids (they were in teh backseat, he was in the front seat with me, on the floor....he LOVED it!). He didnt much care for the kids when we were all out of the car but he never lunged at them or seemed aggressive with them at all. My friends' kids are like my neice and nephew so I try really hard to make sure the dog and the kids are ALWAYS safe. I think Bryce will be going camping with us and we will just be sure there is a crate available so Bryce will feel safe.

We left the house around 730 am and got home around 5. He rode very very well and overall had a great day. He is learning "heel" and not to pull on the leash. We are correcting the fear growling so with lots of exposure to new things and people in conjunction with the correction, I really think he's going to be fine. It may take a little longer than we originally thought or hoped, but with the right person, he is going to be a great guy who is extremely loyal and well behaved!

No comments:

Post a Comment