Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ive been soooo busy!

It seems like I havent done a thing but Im so beat after work I just dont want to hop online at home. So here I am! Just finishing up a few things. We have been to another training class. We do a weave at the beginning of every class. Each dog must heel while weaving around the circle full of dogs. Bryce does ok when its his turn to weave but the cool thing is that he is starting to reach out and sniff the people weaving around us!! He still will try to hide behind me at some points but he is getting more comfortable.

Two classes ago, we started releasing them for a bit of play time after we learned a new command and worked on it. He wouldnt relax at all and seemed freaked by all the high pitched voices and all the dogs running around. This last class, (he is laying in the dining room with a ball as we speak...tail waggin, so cute!) he figured out its not all bad so he wasnt as afraid but still very unsure of what was going on. Last tuesday, we learned "stay". This is going to be hard for me to teach because I dont teach it well. Also, with his insecurities, he is like my glue dog! He likes to stay really close. He did surprisingly well with it to start with, however, I do need to practice more. We also took graduation pictures! He seemed very excited about the lab next to us and was kissy face with him. Hoping the pictures came out ok.

His other milestone since my last post, he figured out belly rubs!! I was having a night where I just wanted him to chill out. So he was on a leash and I was just trying to keep him in a "down" position. So I started rubbing his belly. He loved it! So much that he rolled over and just wanted more. Chris came in and started rubbing his belly too. That was really awesome because there was no growling or hiding and he was in a completely submissive and trustful position. I just wish he would translate that to other situations. Like when Chris comes home from work. ***sigh*** he will figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment