Thursday, June 4, 2009

by golly he learns fast!!

We have gone to two classes of training. Bryce is still very afraid but is getting better. He has learned heel but gets so excited that he forgets what he should be doing and darts ahead of me. Leading me to correct again and we go through this cycle. I want to praise him but when I do that causes the excitement. hmmmm...what to do....

This week we learned how to train "front". Basically its come when called and sit directly in FRONT of me. We did a little training yesterday and went for a walk today. I let him walk with a loose leash, would stop and teach "front". About the 3rd time, he got it. Came right to me and sat. He sat crooked, but he still sat! So I think the crookedness will get taken care of in time.

I have faith this class will help him to be more confident. I noticed he has not had an accident in the house in quite some time and he doesnt run to be under or behind furniture anymore. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment