Sunday, June 21, 2009

what's up doc?

nothing much except for everything! This past week it seems like i could not get enough sleep. It has rained a ton so i have not been able to work with Bryce as much as I want and need to. Hopefully tomorrow night it wont be raining and we can work on stay and down. He seems to be responding to class and is less fearful than when we started. He is started to reach out and sniff others during the weave and also not slink back.

We are still working on his fear of strangers though. I took him to an adoption event on Saturday and while he did well for him, he was still afraid of people. Therefore giving his usual growl, which does turn some people off. I did notice though that if people hesitated to touch him, that gave him the time to think about what they were doing, which then resulted in a growl. The more people were encouraged to just touch him, with permission from me of course, the less he seemed to growl. Who really knows what is going on his head though.

Today I had to go to Bangor. Santana, Buddy, and Bryce all stayed home with Husband. He let them Buddy and Bryce play for a few hours. I got a picture message and Bryce and Buddy were taking a little rest in the dining room. So cute! Im glad Bryce can take the time to chill out.

He is getting better with his accidents. I know what signs to look for now so I think the last few times have been my fault. Oh well...what can you do except just put him outside and praise him for doing it outside.

This coming week will be interesting! I am going to Arkansas with the rescue to pick up some more sweeties that need to come to Maine. Im thrilled to go and help out and see some of the country I haven't seen before. Bryce will be staying home with Husband, Buddy, and Santana. He is getting better with Husband. Tonight I just witnessed Bryce follow him into the kitchen WITHOUT Buddy. WOOOHOO! Thats a huge step since Bryce still seems to think Husband is out to get him. And Husband just came in to visit me.....no growls from Bryce! I cant believe it! Here's to hoping that it is the start of something huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment