Thursday, April 23, 2009

nothing new today...

He is doing well. Today he got introduced to the Gentle Leader. he has had free run of the house and last night was a holy terror! He got a time out and was better but I wasnt taking the chance tonight. Buddy and bryce both got the GL on and have been pretty quiet. I just need to watch him and make sure he doesnt chew. Although I dont think he will be able to get to it.

Last night was just crazy. They managed to play to their hearts content and in the process spilled the water dish....again. I almost think one of the two of the boys peed on the floor too but its hard to tell with the laminate flooring. They then knocked the gate down and I had had it! I just wanted some quiet time and I wasnt getting it. Once it got knocked down I went into the kitchen and just made lots of noise. Bryce freaked a bit and went into his crate....I had to corral Buddy to his. They were there for just a few minutes. The great thing was that Bryce came right out when I did release them.

He is doing pretty good with his manners. He has to wait before he is allowed his meal. He is allowed to have it once he hears "take it". Other things he has to do, which Buddy is required to do as well, is wait to come out of the crate; sit to have his harness taken on and off; sit and wait to go through the door; sit for treats. Hopefully his forever home will follow through with this. It will definitely make him a better dog.

I cant wait to take him to Gray this weekend. Hopefully I can get some help in curbing his new habit. If you are not paying attention to him when he is excited, he come up and nip the back of your leg. Its not painful, feels like a pin prick. This is not okay behavior though. I have been just turning around and saying "NO!" loudly but it doesnt seem to be working. He mostly does it when you are walking in front of him. Hopefully too he will be able to socialize and we can show Janet the cool things we have learned and how good he is doing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment