Sunday, April 26, 2009

wow, im a slacker...

and im sure that wont be the first time i write that as a title!!

This weekend has been oh so busy!! Bryce hasn't had many breakthroughs but he is doing well. he is still driving me nuts though. Friday night we went for a visit to my friend Carissa's house. We wanted to see how he would do with her cats. He did very well. Interested but no chasing. More just wanted to see waht was up. He met Charlene and Carissa's honey, Karl. He wasnt sure at first but after a while he was able to take treats from them. Not confidently, but he still took them. This was his first long ride not being crated in the car. On the way down, he seemed very worried. Not so much on the way back. When we got home, I figured out why. He used his leash as a pacifier and chewed right through it....Oops!

Saturday, we took a ride to Bangor. He was crated this time!! We stopped at the barn to visit some friends. I wanted him to see the horses but we never got there. Everyone got to get a look at him. There were lots of people there! When Mary Beth was finished riding, I got him out of the car and we sat around and visited with George and Sylvia. He got lots of treats. Rosie and Dog wanted to investigate him, but not so much on the playing. George seemed to be a bit smitten with him. I can see why...Bryce is a beautiful boy that just needs some confidence!!

After the barn, we went to Bob's house. A bunch of my co-workers were there hanging out. I think he eventually took treats from everyone. He got lots of compliments about how beautiful he was and how quiet he was. I told them not to be fooled....once the snail is out of his shell he is a handful!!!

Today we went down to Gray for some more socialization and so I could learn how to help him some more. We learned two new things...."touch" and "friend". Hoping that he will "touch" to tell me he has to go out...and "friend" will come along when he needs to realize people are not bad!

I cant wait for him to spend some more time with Carissa and see how it goes. Im excited to teach her and Bryce these new things too. He's gonna be such a good boy!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm super excited to learn new things with him. Can't wait to see you guys later this week and this coming weekend. Should be a good adventure!

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete